The Board Members
- The Board of Trustees meets the second Thursday of each month in Fellowship Hall. All meetings are open for any church member to attend.
- Three-to-nine members.
- Members must be of legal age.
- 2/3 must be professing members of UMC.
- Need a quorum of a majority to vote. This currently requires three voters.
- The pastor attends meetings but does not vote.
- Trustees have oversight and care of all local church property, buildings, and equipment.
- Trustees need to hold one another accountable to the mission and vision of the church.
- Trustees receive and administer all gifts made to the congregation, making certain that trust funds of the congregation are invested properly.
- Trustees ensure that the Articles of Incorporation of the congregation are kept up-to-date.
- Trustees annually review property, liability, and crime insurance coverage on church-owned property, buildings, and equipment. The team also reviews personnel insurance for protection against risk, and consults with the Pastor-Parish team about other personnel insurance.
- Trustees conduct an annual accessibility audit of buildings and grounds to discover and then work toward eliminating barriers that impede full participation of all people.
- The team submits annual budget requests to the committee on finance for property maintenance and improvement, as well as new property purchases.
- Trustees are accountable to the charge conference and the church council.